Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dorothy the Dinosaur Cake

children's novelty birthday cake recipes

Hi there, My little girl just adores Dorothy the Dinosaur, so for her 2nd birthday, I made her a Dorothy cake.

I did cheat and brought a slab from a bakery, as I didnt have a pan big enough.

Then I had a picture from a colouring book blown up to the desired size.

I laminated this picture, then cut around the edge of Dorothy. I placed it onto the cake, and traced around it with a toothpick, into the cream of the cake.

I then put shoelace liqorice around the border of Dorothy and placed liqorice onto Dorothy, ie: Tutu, shoes, face ect.

I then made the icing the desired colours and squeezed it into the coloured areas.
For the white, I just used fresh cream.

I couldn't find circle lollies, so I had round mints that I put into yellow food colour for a matter of seconds.

I used green leaves for her spikes on the tail then added a fake fabric red rose into her hat.

This was a really easy cake to make, and it was special to have made it myself, rather than have brought a cake.

No comments: