Thursday, March 12, 2009

ELMO UNIQUE DESIGN CAKE

children's novelty birthday cake recipes

Kids are mostly crazy, mean crazy about Elmo. They know how to sing the songs, and always scream "Elmoooooooooooo" whenever  gets a chance to watch the show.

I did lots of research online to find the perfect cake idea but everything I found was so boring. I was about to give up the idea when one day, I was sitting on the dining table as I was looking at my son's booster seat made by The First Years. The chair is sky blue and black. And I thought that it would be nice to create a round cake and cover it with that shade of blue, insert Elmo's head around it, with Elmo's head on top.

I baked a round 12x2 inch chocolate cake with heavy whipped vanilla cream in the center. I covered around the cake with a sky blue frosting, and covered the top with white vanilla frosting.

I then inserted Elmo's head around the cake, leaving space for his name. Then I baked Elmo's head using Elmo's head pan from Wilton.

When the head was cool, I cut the head from the side all the way across to reduce the height of the head so that the cake is not too large or too high. I placed the head carefully on top of the frosted round cake avoiding the chocolate cake crumbs from messing up the top of the white frosting.

It was then I started decorating.

The Elmo Cake was not only tasty, but all the kids couldn't wait to get a piece of Elmo's beautiful head. They loved it :-)

No comments: